WaterTaxi.gl consist of three independant companys. Greenland Water Taxi, Henningsens, and Qasigiannguit Charter and Tourism.
Henningsens, and Qasigiannguit Charter and Tourism are a franchise of the Water Taxi owned by Greenland Water Taxi in Nuuk.
To have a franchise is a big advantage, as we grow, and help each other, TOGETHER. This makes us all stronger.
See our contact information in the bottom of the page, or use the contact form.
From small one man company to a nationwide franchiseé
- The story all began with a dream..
- 2012, Espen Andersen, the founding father of Ilulissat Water Taxi, had the idea to offer exclusive, and flexible boattours of the Ilulissat area.
- 2013 Ilulissat Water Taxi was Born
- 2014 Ilulissat Water Taxi was sold to entrepreneur, Anders Lykke Laursen.
- 2015 Greenland Water Taxi sets up office, downtown Ilulissat. Multiple business arrangements are set and the network grew.
- 2016 Kaj Henningsen in Ilulissat shows interest for the company, and it is decided that Anders Lykke Laursen is moving to Nuuk and opening up Nuuk Water Taxi.
- 2017 Nuuk Water Taxi are born, and the franchise, WaterTaxi are now open. Nuuk Water Taxi adds a Poca Open Boat to the fleet.
- 2018 Greenland Water Taxi agrees franchises with one new operator making it to 3 destinations. Qasigiannguit Charter and Tourism.