WHO ARE WE?
Above all we are a local familybusiness. Obviously we are both a boat charter company and a tour operator. We aim to please all our clients. We provide our clients with nice, clean boats. We use only local labor.
All our captains are locals, whom we have send through a specific training programme. These programmes meets the highest standards. As a result we have very skilled captains. As a result we have both safety, service and unforgetteble adventures in focus every time you get on board a yellow Water Taxi.
In case you have any questions before booking a tour or a private boat, see our contact information.
From small one man company to public limited company
- The story all began with a dream..
- 2012, Espen Andersenis the founding father of Ilulissat Water Taxi. He had the idea to offer exclusive, and flexible boattours of the Ilulissat area.
- 2013 Ilulissat Water Taxi was Born.
- 2014 Ilulissat Water Taxi was sold to entrepreneur, Anders Lykke Laursen.
- 2015 Greenland Water Taxi sets up office, downtown Ilulissat. Multiple business arrangements are set and the network grew.
- 2016 Kaj Henningsen in Ilulissat shows interest for the company. Anders Lykke Laursen is moving to Nuuk and opening up Nuuk Water Taxi.
- 2017 Nuuk Water Taxi are born, and the franchise opened. Besides a Poca Open Boat was added to the fleet.
- 2018 January – Greenland Water Taxi agrees franchises with one new operator. As a result making it three destinations total. Qasigiannguit Charter and Tourism.
- 2019 October – Greenland Water Taxi are shutting down cooperation with franchises. We wish to focus on developing Nuuk Water Taxi.
- 2020 Nuuk Water Taxi A/S is completed. Boat number 5 and 6 are purchased to support the demand in Nuuk.
Definitely you should read more reviews by clicking the arrow. They are collected in our booking system from Bookeo.