WHO ARE WE?
Nuuk Water Taxi A/S are a local familybusiness. We are both a boat charter company, and a tour operator. We aim to please all our clients, by providing our clients with nice, clean boats and we use only local labor.
All our captains are locals, whom we have send through a specific training programme, that meets the highest standards, and with the Maritime Academy in Nuuk you as a client, can be sure to go out with a very skilled captain, every time you get on board a yellow Water Taxi.
See our contact information in the bottom of the page, or use the contact form.
From small one man company to public limited company
- The story all began with a dream..
- 2012, Espen Andersen, the founding father of Ilulissat Water Taxi, had the idea to offer exclusive, and flexible boattours of the Ilulissat area.
- 2013 Ilulissat Water Taxi was Born
- 2014 Ilulissat Water Taxi was sold to entrepreneur, Anders Lykke Laursen.
- 2015 Greenland Water Taxi sets up office, downtown Ilulissat. Multiple business arrangements are set and the network grew.
- 2016 Kaj Henningsen in Ilulissat shows interest for the company, and it is decided that Anders Lykke Laursen is moving to Nuuk and opening up Nuuk Water Taxi.
- 2017 Nuuk Water Taxi are born, and the franchise, WaterTaxi are now open. Nuuk Water Taxi adds a Poca Open Boat to the fleet.
- 2018 January – Greenland Water Taxi agrees franchises with one new operator making it to 3 destinations. Qasigiannguit Charter and Tourism.
- 2019 October – Greenland Water Taxi are shutting down cooperation with franchises, as we wish to focus on developing Nuuk Water Taxi.
- 2020 Nuuk Water Taxi A/S is completed and boat number 5 and 6 are purchased to support the demand in Nuuk.